Thursday, December 16, 2010

What works...

Listening to Turandot while running on the treadmill. Works for re-energizing. Works for dragging out all of the left over emotions from the day. They just seem to come pouring out and then you get to run all over them and grind them down into a powder of importantlessness. Incredible.

Driving to the corner canyon after a glorious snow storm. Works for cooped up. Breathtaking. I can't BELIEVE that I live here.

One Note Samba for instant summer.

In n out burger fries for ruining the week's diet, and the Turandot on the treadmill. Oh well.

David using the word "plump" in a sentence. This works for those feelings of disconnect between mom and child after a busy, busy week. Laughter ensues and all of those feelings of complete adoration sweep over you and there's squeezing and more laughter and connection. Blessed connection.

My ipod for an alarm clock. I set it for every 10 minutes and I choose a different sound for each time. I can now determine the time without looking at the ipod - just based on the sound it makes. 6:30am is the worst - doorbell. It gets my heart racing every time.

Doing the dishes. This works for getting the kitchen clean. What is up with house work and me? Right NOW in my living room are 3 coats, 7 socks, 2 lesson manuals, 1 ap american history text, probably 29 pieces of lined paper - some written upon, some blank, 47 unpaid bills, SOTW score, lipstick, 6 tix to the motab concert, various YW posters, a bag with 7 broken cell phones, Matt's beautiful centerpiece, an external hard drive (half under the couch, I'm sure it will go missing in less than 3 hours), Jessie's violin, David's scriputres, a shelf from the hall that Rich is painting, a chocolate advent calendar, a starfish - yes, really, and the music I'm supposed to sing at my grandpa's funeral Monday. I think I'm ok with that. Is that ok?

Sleep. This works for a myriad of things - but most importantly, bringing me to the next day.

Raising eyebrows and pausing. This works for not reacting poorly to ridiculous things that come out of the mouths of 14 year olds.

Paint. For making the house look.... well,..... newer. Newish. Not old. well - not.... really old.

The big house on the hill - for clarity.

Facebook works for feeling frustrated and lonely. Why do I continue?

Making dinner. This works for healing the scars left from days and days of not being home to make breakfast.

Airplane rides. They MUST work for something. I can't wait to find out what. Maine works.

No comments:

Post a Comment