Sunday, December 18, 2011

Deutschland

Things that inspire missing Germany:


Irish. I know. Still.

Lebkuchen and Christmas Markets
















The ever intriguing Biscoff. Made known unto the Wadleys this very year, and discovered in America, and yet...


Pete's pics.
And then there is this little ditty. I know - Bulgarian. I didn't say it was logical, I just said it was inspiring.

I read an interesting article about the adolescent mind this week. We hard wire our brains from birth to age two, and then you get one more chance when you are a teenager. Its very difficult to unlove something you learned to love when you were 15. Proven fact. I'll admit that its not just a missing of the one place and the one time. Its the wondering about other places and other times. Its like coming down the beanstalk and wondering what you would discover if you grew a stalk in the back yard too. Would the top of that stalk be something different but equally wonderful? "The meek shall inherit the earth." I just need to find some more magic beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment